KES. 35,000 per day
January → April
July → October
KES. 40,000 per day
15th Dec - 5th Jan
The Dhow House is a unique, magnificent, spacious, two storey, five double bedroomed house in a landscaped garden, situated on a coral cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean at Kilifi and cooled by a gentle sea breeze.
Grecian style infinity swimming pool surrounded by a large sun terrace made from locally carved stone.
Access to a private sandy beach and the sea is via a walk-through tunnel, which has been dug through the coral. Walks at low tide are possible to nearby Takaungu passing no one other than the occasional local fisherman.
- Sleeps 10 in 5 en-suite bedrooms
- An interior courtyard opens onto awe-inspiring views through the house to the sea.
- Attractive, spacious dining area with magnificent hand crafted Mango Wood dining table that comfortably seats ten people.
- The dining area opens onto an expansive covered veranda overlooking the pool, with wooden fans, traditional Lamu seating ‘barazzas’ and an additional al fresco dining area.
- Well-appointed, fully fitted kitchen, with units crafted from coconut wood. Large dual fuel gas/electric cooker, two fridges and a chest freezer.
- Separate laundry room with washing machine etc.
- Bedrooms on the ground floor consist of three light and airy double bedrooms with superb sea views and overhead fans. Two of the bedrooms have double beds and the third which overlooks the inside courtyard is a twin bedroom with two Lamu Pili Pili Beds.
- All the bedrooms are en-suite with uniquely designed spacious bathrooms.
- A large first floor covered veranda area provides for alternative seating with a built in fridge for cool drinks and is wonderful for sundowners and looking out over the sea and starlit sky at night.
- There are two beautifully designed, spacious double bedrooms with large hand made coconut wood double beds with mosquito nets and overhead fans. Each bedroom is en-suite with bathrooms with large pressurised showers.
- Both bedrooms open onto their own covered balcony with views overlooking the sea.
- Newly built cliff side structure "folly" for afternoon tea or a general lounging area to view turtles etc.
- Ample water supply from both the mains and two large storage tanks.Water is heated by Solar Power.The house is fully staffed with a houseman and an excellent cook and gardener.KK Guards panic button alarm system.
- KK Guards provide security at night for the house, which in addition has the security of a coral wall around the boundary.
- No pets allowed
- View Dhow House on a map