KES 16,000 per day
January → April
July → October
KES. 24,000 per day
15th Dec - 5th Jan
KES. 44,000 per day
Samaki House is a 300yr old fully restored Swahili Mansion consisting of 4 double ensuite rooms overlooking the waterfront in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. The property is situated centrally in town just 3 mins walk from the main jetty landing stage, and to the west of the Old Fort. There is a small beach to the North of town, some 5mins walk away, further extensive beaches are easily accessed by a regular boat service operating from the jetty. Lamu Town consists of narrow lanes, the waterfront, the Fort, Main Square and its Mosques and marketplaces. Transport is mainly on foot, donkey or by water.
- Sleeps 8
- The property is situated centrally in town just 3 mins walk from the main jetty landing stage, and to the west of the Old Fort. There is a small beach to the North of town, some 5 mins walk away, further extensive beaches are easily accessed by a regular boat service operating from the jetty.
- The property overlooks the waterfront with its coming and goings of Sailing Dhows, and other watercraft.
- Its multiple roof terraces make great vantage points offering a panoramic sea view and overlooking the daily pedestrian activity in the street below whilst catching the cooling breezes.
- The property is available subject to availability either as a whole house rental (Sleeps 8 standard quota), or as individual double suites. Whole house rental includes transfers and cook.
- All rooms have traditional ceiling fans, and external lighting to associated terrace areas. Bathrooms are state of the art with glassbowl basins, and twin-headed shower jets to all rooms.
- The property is fully equippedoffering a unique exotic experience in luxury and comfort to its privilaged guests. Housestaff deal with the day to day running of events and will undertake your washing and ironing during your stay. There is a fully equipped kitchen with a full range of modern appliances to ensure your comfort.
- The roof top terrace has a bar area and fridge unit to keep those sundowners at the right temperature. Copious hot water is provided by solar panels and the house is equipped with an electrical invertor system to minimise power-outs.
- There are spacious living and entertaining areas which are all comfortably furnished and are spread over two levels. The dining room overlooks the sea-front and is fully equipped to seat 10. A Wide Flat screen TV is available together with a stereo system and DVD/Video player. The House is not wired for Satellite
- The accommodation is as follows;
- The Masterbedroom Suite - from Kshs 7,000 per night B & B (2 pax max)
- At first Floor level it offers extremely spacious accommodation with a large screened private terrace complete with Moorish style starbath perfect for honeymooners.There is a king sized carved Lamu style 4 posterbed complete with netting/drapes. It enjoys a seperate dressing area and a sunken sitting area which overlooks the garden. There is a double shower area in the light and airey Bathroom which opens onto the terrace.
- The Twin Room - from Kshs 6,000 per night B & B (2 pax max)
- furnished with two seperate twin carved lamu style beds with its own sitting and dressing area overlooking the garden. This room is perfect for small children being on the same level as the master facilities.
- The Garden Retreat - from kshs 6,000 per night B & B (2 pax max)
- This accommodation enjoys its own large independant shaded terrace and has seperate access stairs and overlooks the courtyard garden making it more of a private enclave. It has a double carved Lamu Bed which has drapes/netting, and has seperate ensuite facilities.
- The Garden suite - from Kshs 6,000 per night B & B (2 pax max)
- A spacious Ground Floor Suite opening directly onto the garden which has a Queen sized carved Lamu bed with drapes/netting, and enjoys a seperate spacious dressing area and bathroom.
- No pets allowed
- View Samaki House on a map